- System overview of SIMATIC S7-1500 and TIA Portal
- Hardware setup with EPLAN
- Configuration of devices and networks
- Editing of program blocks
- New programming features
- Working with PLC variables
- Data blocks and data management
- Setup and parameterization of PROFINET IO
- Virtual commissioning and troubleshooting
- Documenting and saving of programs
- Editing of the HMI configuration in WinCC (operator panel)
- Introduction to TIA Startdrive
- Ethernet communication (CPU-CPU)
- Introduction to the SCL editor
- Introduction of Technology Functions
- Migration of a STEP 7 V5.5 project to TIA Portal
- Migration of a WinCC flexible project to TIA Portal
Our trainers teach the participants in a virtual classroom. Each participant works with a simulated, fully functional virtual model (digital twin). Following this way, the participants are encouraged to interactively build up their knowledge. A laptop with a stable access to the internet is needed for this training. Ideally equipped with a second screen. In this course, we explain the main differences between SIMATIC manager and the TIA Portal as well as differences between STEP 7 V5.x and STEP 7 in the TIA Portal. In the System Upgrade Course SIMATIC S7-1500 and TIA Portal, we give you fundamental knowledge of the structure of automation systems S7-1500, their configuration, and parameterization. You learn the handling of the TIA Portal software as well as the basics of programming and respective troubleshooting. You moreover will get an overview of the integration of decentralized peripherals, HMI stations, and drives. The theoretical knowledge will be further deepened by practical exercises on a plant model. This allows you to put your theoretical knowledge immediately into practice. After completion of the training, you will be able to create and even change basic S7 TIA programs. You will also be able to find and diagnose simple errors and fix them by efficiently using the TIA Portal functions.
Employees from all departments are welcome; professionals, who want to learn how to make proficient usage of SIMATIC S7-1500/1200
Knowledge of Basic Course SIMATIC S7 and practical experience in SIMATIC STEP 7
SOFTWARE / Devices
We recommend an Internet connection with at least 16 Mbit, two monitors and a headset. Practical exercises are carried out browser-based on a virtual plant model.
Your next steps
Please also attend our Service Course 1 SIMATIC TIA Portal and Programming Course SIMATIC TIA Portal. We moreover offer additional advanced modules focusing on engineering, operator control and monitoring, communication and drive technology.